How Interactive Walkthroughs Applications Can Help With Digital Adoption

Interactive walkthroughs are a popular tool used by organizations to help new users adopt digital products. Walkthroughs can work as a standalone exercise or be incorporated into the user onboarding process. These walkthroughs provide users with an interactive demonstration of how digital products can make their lives easier.

The adoption of digital content is challenging for some people and businesses. Users or members who are unaware of the benefits that digital products can bring to their lives might not see the value they offer. If you’re currently looking for ways to increase your user adoption rate, these articles may be helpful. 

What is User Adoption and Why Is It Important?

So many organizations look to increase user adoption rates as a critical aspect of their growth strategy, but why is it so important for businesses to boost the number of people who use their products?

To begin, let’s explore how many people don’t adopt new digital products or services. According to a survey conducted by Gartner, only 15 percent of the general population has adopted digital products. This means the remaining 85 percent of people have yet to be exposed to digital products.

When companies are looking to expand their customer base, they may first look to boost user adoption rates.

User onboarding for digital product adoption

There are a couple of important things to keep in mind when designing and implementing user onboarding for new members. One of the most important things to consider is how easy it will be for your users to enter into the adoption experience. If you’re targeting a high-functioning population, your users will likely be comfortable using digital products. If, however, your target audience is more prone to anxiety or developmental issues, you’ll want to consider how you can make the onboarding process more welcoming for your users.

Next, you should consider the frequency at which your members will use your products. This will determine the length of your onboarding process. It’s important to note that some people adopt a new product or service at a much faster pace than others. If you’re targeting an audience that uses your product frequently, you may choose to create an intensive onboarding process that takes several weeks to complete. On the other hand, if you’re targeting an audience that uses your products infrequently, you may choose to create a shorter onboarding process that takes just a few days to complete.

Walkthroughs as a standalone exercise

Interactive Walkthroughs, when used as a standalone tool, these walkthroughs can be used for many purposes. For example, you may want to use walkthroughs to onboard new users with your support team. When you’re looking to create walkthroughs for your support team, the main thing to keep in mind is the goal of the onboarding process. 

Are you trying to help your team members become more comfortable with the learning new CRM process? Do you have new members who have joined your team? As you think about the purpose of the walkthrough, this will help you determine the best design approach.

Walkthroughs as part of the user onboarding process

If you’re using walkthroughs as part of the user onboarding process, you may want to include a more advanced walkthrough as an introduction for more advanced users. In this scenario, you might choose to create a walkthrough that’s aimed at helping more advanced users become more familiarized with more advanced features. This approach can be beneficial for a few reasons.

First, it can help you to bridge the gap between the more advanced users and your target audience. It can be difficult to communicate certain features or benefits of your product with an audience that’s still new to the concept. 


Walkthroughs are a powerful tool that can help organizations boost user adoption rates. When used appropriately, walkthroughs can help to demystify new concepts and make them more welcoming for your members.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *