Last Updated on March 27, 2023 by amazingposting
Regarding bathroom design, there are several design aspects to consider. Whether planning a few minor changes to your home or a complete remodel to upgrade your office building, it’s important to remember a few essential design tips to ensure your bathroom remains functional.
Consulting with the commercial plumbers Melbourne locals rely on is one of the best ways to ensure that your renovations don’t cause any damage to your current fixtures. In addition to that, our experts have compiled a few design tips to help you get started.
Pointers to Consider During Your Bathroom Remodel
Many often overlook several functional design aspects when renovating the bathroom, which is usually the smallest room. Here are a few décor tips to remember when creating your dream bathroom.
Consider the Lighting
It would help if you considered lighting during your planning phase. Don’t wait until you’ve completed the bathroom, and then try to add a few light fittings because the room seems too dark. Consider adding a skylight to provide the space with natural light where possible. Additionally, more miniature spotlights above the mirror will be functional and create a relaxing ambiance.
Plan the Flooring
During your planning, assess the correct type of flooring to use. Flooring shouldn’t be an afterthought, as the type of material you opt for can make all the difference to the overall look.
Consider the following pointers on bathroom floors:
- Opt for floor materials that are water-resistant or waterproof to ensure that the floor doesn’t become water damaged.
- Remember that some floor types are more slippery when wet, so use floor types that will look great but still be safe.
- Patterned floor tiles with bold prints will liven up the space, while lighter floor materials accentuate darker walls and tiles.
Choose Compatible Fixtures
Professionals such as an experienced plumber Keilor residents employ for the bathroom will tell you to use compatible fixtures such as taps and shower heads.
Buying new fixtures may require changing existing pipes, which could increase costs. If you’re modernizing an ancient bathroom, you may need to check with your plumber to get newer fittings to work.
Choose Quality Tiles
The right type of bathroom tiles will make all the difference. Comparing colors, styles, and designs is essential to selecting the ideal décor. Some tips:
- Our experts recommend using large tiles in smaller bathrooms as this gives the illusion of a bigger space.
- For people who can’t afford stone or marble finishes, the good news is that tiles made of lookalike materials will create the impression of the real deal.
- Let floor and wall tiles complement each other, not create an overwhelming look.
Don’t Forget the Importance of the Mirror Design
One of the critical design features of any bathroom is the mirror. The right-sized mirror can make smaller spaces appear more enormous thanks to light reflecting off it. Sometimes, designers prefer to use a series of small mirrors to create a unique design against one of the walls.
You can also use mirrors to make a bold statement:
- Fill one entire wall with small mirror tiles to make the bathroom appear bigger and lighter.
- Use a large round mirror for a trendy look.
- Add small lights around the mirror to provide bright illumination, making applying make-up and performing morning shaves much easier.
Choose Functional Accessories
When choosing accessories, our experts recommend choosing functional accessories rather than trinkets that serve no real purpose. Opting for modern, matching accessories will enhance the overall look you’re trying to create.
If you have space for décor, consider candles and vases to accentuate the ambiance. Choose a central theme that creates a sense of relaxation rather than being too cluttered.
Opt for Stylish Finishes
Many décor experts recommend using blinds on the windows rather than curtains. Not only will it create a modern finish, but it will also be easier to clean. Add a ventilation system to reduce the bathroom’s mold and bacteria growth.
When it comes to bath or shower mats, pick bold colors to add a pop of color. You can tie the whole look together with a single similar-colored vase.
When renovating your bathroom, the goal should be to make it more stylish and functional. Turn it into a place where you can easily relax in a hot bubble bath after a long day. At the same time, it shouldn’t be challenging to keep clean. What does your design require to tick all these boxes?